Account Executive – Golf Pride
Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
About Golf Pride Grips
For five generations, Golf Pride has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only brand that touches every golfer, we are obsessed with the connectedness of the hands to the club and this inspires every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
About the Position
Golf Pride Grips, #1 golf grip brand worldwide, aims to further strengthen our sales team, and the global brand, with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Account Executive focused on driving results and growth within our distribution network. This position is based at our Global Innovation Center in Pinehurst, NC. Relocation assistance is provided.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $88499.97 – $129799.96 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
This individual will be responsible for the creation and execution of our business development strategies for our trade and distribution partners in the Northern United States and Canada. This role will focus on growth with trade accounts at green grass (golf courses), independent off-course golf retailers, and new non-traditional trade account targets. The position reports directly to the Manager of Global Distributor Sales and will play a key role in building and executing Golf Pride’s long-term channel strategy within North America. The Account Executive will be tasked with driving incremental growth via increasing the sales velocity with current partners, establishing new points sale, developing creative go-to-market and customer acquisition strategies, while ensuring maximum return on investment associated with program and promotional campaigns.
What you’ll do:
The ideal candidate is passionate about the game of golf – and has a proven track-record of: building sales relationships by cultivating trust and frequent communication, effective product selling, driving organic growth, strategic planning & execution, and effectively contributing to high performing teams.
- Own the execution of strategic plan to drive sustainable growth within the channel.
- Achieve annual sales revenue, margin, and brand share objectives across assigned territory/portfolio.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with distributors’ management to ensure they are driving Golf Pride grip sales through targeted business development, and accurate demand planning with accounts they service/supply.
- Ensure sales forecast accuracy and accountability from assigned distributor accounts.
- Communicate frequently and effectively with staff and management of points of sale, (existing and potential) to ensure that Golf Pride brand is top of mind, inventory levels are correct, point of sale materials are deployed correctly, and that they are getting what they need from their chosen distributor(s) to drive customer demand and maximize Golf Pride grip sales daily.
- Implement visual campaigns, tools, and market promotions tailored for the North American customer network to drive increased sales.
- Utilize interactive analytics dashboards to generate actionable insights and programs that drive incremental growth and mitigate sales erosion risk.
- Identify and track pertinent business intelligence elements within the marketplace to drive ongoing SWOT awareness and assessments.
- Build partnerships internally and externally that support growing the business.
- Clearly communicate expectations, continually raise the bar, and consistently hold self and distributors accountable for performance.
- Effectively manage market development fund budget to maximize program ROI within assigned portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years of sales and business development experience.
- Ability to travel up to 30% domestically.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Three or more (3+) years of Sales Management / Business Development Experience
- Experience working with a network of distributors, and/or multi-unit location point-of-sale network.
- Experience working in the consumer goods industry.
- Authentic connection to the game of golf.
- Self-starter – you proactively look for ways to drive growth and incremental improvements within your portfolio without being asked to do so.
- Networker – you enjoy and excel at building stakeholder relationships.
- Collaborator – you love working through problems as a team and are comfortable getting things done by leveraging internal and external relationships.
- Executor – you enjoy starting and finishing projects with maximum efficiency.
- Communicator – when you speak people are interested in what you have to say
- Disrupter – you are comfortable breaking away from historical vestiges to drive continuous improvement and growth.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.