Channel Marketing Manager
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Job Type: Full-Time
Eaton, located in Southern Pines, SC has an opening for a Channel Marketing Manager – Golf Pride.
For more than 65 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in the golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $22B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
About the Position:
Golf Pride® Grips, Played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Channel Marketing Manager.
This key position will lead channel marketing activities at key national golf retailers and regional green grass facilities. Key activities for the position include leading merchandising, promotional strategy & execution, co-op activities, new product introductions with customers, and database marketing.
Channel Marketing is an essential part of our integrated marketing approach. This role will serve as the subject matter expert, possessing and sharing a deep understanding of channel marketing in a consumer driven business, while co-developing go-to-market plans in collaboration with key customers to drive sales for our customers and our brand. The role reports directly into the head of Marketing for Golf Pride.
The ideal candidate is passionate about brand building & pragmatic approaches to strengthening a business, a self-starter with a strategic mind-set and proven executional expertise gained with a sports brand, CPG, or comparable industry, while having a passion for the game of golf.
Essential Functions include:
- Develop and lead key strategic consumer shopping experience roadmaps including merchandising, POS signage, POGs, assortment, and digital.
- Lead gap analysis studies to identify and develop opportunities to grow Golf Pride’s business with the customer via new product, assortment, merchandising, cross selling, & promotions. Lead scoping and business case development.
- Work with sales, agency and shopper knowledge to develop insight based Omni-Channel Shopper Marketing programs that focuses on growing the category and the brand
- Develop & maintain accurate channel marketing plans and budgets that ensure the timely implementation of merchandising programs and promotional programs for new product launches and store resets.
- Provide category management expertise that is driven from shopper insights and best practices for key retailers to grow the re-gripping category.
- Oversee, define and develop annual promotional plans that drive category and brand objectives, including developing promotions, manage promotional P&L, tracking and auditing.
- Develop competitive assessment to understand how competition is placed across various retailers
- Ensures sales growth through robust merchandising programs, while utilizing performance metrics and analytics to gauge program effectiveness and make adjustments to future proposals
- Supports in the creation of the marketing calendar for the retailer & implementation of it, including, but not limited to, agency briefings, supervision of production timelines, and budget management
- Build relationships with the customer’s marketing organization, Golf Pride sales, and marketing organization to develop actionable insights into an aligned vision, go-to-market strategy, key initiatives and marketing activities
- Leads in-store agency partner in the development of merchandising materials and promotional materials. Collaborate with other Brand agencies.
- Work closely with Product Marketing & Brand Marketing to support on-going priorities, including internal communication process, product presentations, trade shows, research and competitive intelligence.
- Acquires and enhances retailers website with relevant brand content that is sharable with key accounts including providing product specifications, brand copy, image & video assets.
Basic Qualifications (Including Educational Requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years channel or brand marketing experience
- 3 years Marketing experience in consumer products
- Ability to work in the U.S. without a company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, from an accredited institution.
- 7 years Shopper Marketing experience at consumer product goods company, retailer or agency experience in sports industry, preferably in the golf industry
- Knowledge of golf retailers and the golf industry
- Knowledge of distribution models
- 4 years of experience developing go-to-market plans in collaboration with customers
- 4 years of experience developing promotional programs & ROI
- 2 years of experience creating digital merchandise programs
- 3 years of experience managing creative agencies
- Track record of success building a consumer brand, preferably within the sports industry.
- Ability to collaboratively develop channel marketing plans with sales, customers, and internal marketing team, and agencies
- Ability to credibly influence people without direct authority
- Ability to work in a fast passed, constant changing environment.
- Natural leader and driver with the confidence and conviction to successfully and diplomatically challenge the status quo.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and planning skills.
- Strong ability to build and maintain key relationships with customers, sales, and Golf Pride team.
- Strong analytical skills to accurately and effectively plan growth opportunities
- Data collection and analytical skills.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.