CNC Lead Technician
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Eaton’s Gold Pride Division is currently seeking a Lead Technician to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC facility.
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
The Lead Technician will be responsible for providing technical support to the R&D Engineering group for New Product Development of internal retail programs and external OEM customer programs. This role will have primary responsibility for maintaining and developing all mold tools and overall tool catalogue, equipment maintenance, and CNC operation / CAM supported fabrication.
The successful incumbent must apply proficient technical knowledge in the execution of research and development engineering activities required for all phases of new product and advanced concept design fabrication. A Lead Technician must be a champion for Eaton’s safety culture and have a strong team orientation as this function may often require direct interface with both internal and external customers for problem solving, product improvement and cost reduction issues.
The primary function of the successful incumbent will be to create programs for CNC equipment to support prototype and production part development and use ENOVIA to document and maintain those programs within Eaton’s change management database. In this role the incumbent must be capable and will execute with extreme precision the operation of all aspects of tool fabrication and be proficient in liaising with designers to troubleshoot and optimize tool manufacturing.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly equipment Preventative Maintenance
- Complete general maintenance of GIC rapid prototype lab for safe and efficient operation
- Support tooling development thru all phases of design
- Complete CAM programming laser engraving equipment to produce tooling/molds
- Operate 5 Axis Mill, Lathe, Drill Press to produce/modify tooling as required
- Write, store, and modify new and/or existing CNC programs
- Adapt and support additional, future equipment needs
- Support tool set up and changeover
- Support additional roles that may include molding and finishing operations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of operating manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (CNC, lathes, drill press, grinders etc.)
- Minimum three (3) years of CNC/CAM programming
- Minimum three (3) years of blueprint reading, basic math and understanding of measure devices
- Minimum one (1) year of working knowledge and be proficient using CAD/CAM software
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
- This role does not offer relocation. A candidate for this role must live within 50 miles of the Pinehurst, NC facility.
- Minimum six (6) years of experience in a Manufacturing Environment.
- Knowledge of Rubber processing/molding
- Prior experience working in research and development environment
- Prior experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.