Consumer Experience Specialist
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Eaton’s Golf Division is currently seeking a Consumer Experience Specialist to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC facility. Relocation is offered for this position.
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work
Golf Pride® Grips, played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Consumer Experience Specialist.
World class consumer experiences are foundational for our success, and Golf Pride is looking for that next brand champion that will positively impact and own every consumer interaction and resolution. The Golf Pride Consumer Experience Specialist will play an instrumental role in managing and enhancing Golf Pride’s direct interaction with consumers. The Consumer Experience Specialist will engage with consumers by phone, email, in person and other digital tools to first understand the customers need and provide fast, helpful, knowledgeable and friendly feedback. From direct interactions to managing and tracking inquiries for service requests, to identifying and supporting process improvements, the job supports the full consumer experience. The Consumer Experience Specialist will be the primary connection for any consumer interaction digitally and is the first impression for all in person visits at our Global Innovation Center.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Answer incoming calls, emails, chats, and voicemails to assist consumers in immediate/timely fashion
- Provide accurate responses to questions regarding Golf Pride products and/or order status, tracking, returns or exchanges.
- Consumer experience specialist responsibilities will be in the inbox, but they should be proactively thinking about how to get ahead of issues rather than resolving them.
- Gather insights from the consumer experience to identify and reduce pain points, evolve the process and assist in developing a world class shopping experience
- Create and build brand advocates who return to Golf Pride and promote our brand to others
- Assist manager with tracking, identifying and suggesting process improvement, FAQ’s, etc.
- Promote the attributes of the merchandise and product, answering all questions, keeping up to date on company promotions, policies and safety practices
- Maintain an expert knowledge of company’s current product line and future product trends. Be aware of product life cycles and help identify consumer behavior changes and requests
- Welcome, greet and direct all visitors at the GIC, including consumers, business guests and testers.
- General Golf Pride Support
- Occasional special event support with set up of tents, displays, testing equipment, etc. for marketing or community events (evenings or weekends possible)
- Ensure lobby and surrounding consumer experience areas are always clean and presentable
- Welcome guests and visitors to Golf Pride with a level of hospitality that enhances our brand
- Assist NPD and retail team on unique projects during down times to drive the core Golf Pride business
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Associates degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years of customer service and/or sales experience
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 4 years of customer service and/or sales experience
- 2 years of direct-to-consumer online customer experience
- General understanding and/or interest of the game of golf
- Basic computer knowledge and comfort in consistently working in email, Excel, and multiple other computer-based applications.
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong ability to communicate articulately and succinctly both verbally and in writing
- Manages emotions, maintains positive energy and composure in escalated situations
- Passion for meeting or exceeding performance goals
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities without direct supervision
- Demonstrates integrity and shows ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Professional image with the ability to interact comfortably with senior executives and tour players
- Strong time management and organizational proficiency
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach and lift up to 30 lbs
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time