Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Golf Pride, the global leader in golf grip innovation and technology, is currently seeking a Demand Analyst to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC Global Innovation Center. Relocation assistance will be provided.
About Golf Pride® Grips
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
In this function you will:
- Assess forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, statistics, business trends, and demand patterns.
- Incorporate market intelligence, customer forecasts and demand inputs from Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, New Product and Program Management teams.
- Create accurate item-level demand forecasts using all available information including customer orders, customer forecasts, statistical forecasts, new program launch assumptions, seasonal demand patterns, etc.
- Own the monthly demand forecast submission for assigned OEM accounts, including reporting aggregate plans to senior management on forecasts, assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- Support the Materials Manager during the Supply Planning step in our IBP/SIOP process to set the rolling 18-month production plan for the OEM Program business, resolving supply constraints impacting customer order fulfillment.
- Drive accountability for demand management through performance measures and provides feedback to the participants in the process (e.g. Sales, Program Management, Finance).
- Maintain forecast accuracy metrics at various levels from product line to individual SKU and takes action to drive continuous improvement at all levels of the forecast.
- Analyze and reports out pricing, product profitability, and customer profitability for assigned OEM accounts to drive margin improvement for the business.
- Maintain a yearly profit plan forecast and monthly rolling forecasts within an 18-month forecasting horizon. Incorporates business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, customer service, program management, etc. to identify demand drivers and proactively confirm trends.
- Prepare a nuanced view of customer demand in detailed supply analysis and review meetings; collaborates across Golf Pride to collect key planning issues, clarify business implications, and recommend appropriate countermeasures.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in demand planning, forecasting, statistics or other quantitative analytic disciplines.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in Microsoft Excel.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience developing/implementing a forecast and demand planning tool.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience working with globally diverse teams across multiple time zones.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.