Director, Human Resources
Primary Location: Pinehurst, NC
Categories: Manufacturing & Operations
Get a grip on your next career move and work for the company that 80 percent of tour professionals use by choice (without endorsement). Golf Pride is the leading supplier of golf grips around the world. Are you ready to drive this business? Golf Pride is ready to tee you up for success!
Golf Pride has an exciting opportunity to direct an HR function that is focused on acquiring world-class talent and help build on a legacy of innovation and technology in the consumer retail space. Reporting directly to the President, the Director of Global Human Resources will be expected to be a thought leader on positioning the organization for success and a hands-on driver of organizational change. As the Senior Human Resources Leader, you will be based out of our Pinehurst, NC, facility (that sits within 200 yards of the iconic Pinehurst #8 golf course) and will be responsible for leading HR functions such as Talent Acquisition, Employee Relations, Compensation, and business transformation projects as assigned. This role is held accountable for driving culture in partnership with the President while bridging both a manufacturing environment (with two plants in Asia) and a branded consumer products innovation environment at the Global Innovation Center (GIC) in Pinehurst.
- Partner with the President to continue the transformation of Golf Pride from a B2B component supplier into one of the leading consumer brands in golf
- Build high performance organizational capability through leadership and partnership with the leaders on the talent management processes including acquisition, assessment, performance management, employee development, succession planning and retention.
- Manage and develop employee compensation/reward and recognition programs, driving pay-for-performance culture aligned with business objectives.
- Foster a culture of leader ownership and accountability of the employee life cycle.
Strategic People Leadership:
- Serve as the strategic HR leader on current and future trends in areas such as talent, culture, and external implications.
- Drive innovation towards the future by supporting 1,000+ employees in six different countries around the world.
- Provide strategic guidance (and occasional tactical support) to two on the ground Plant HR leaders in Taiwan and Thailand and set up the plants (each with 500 people) for continued success and sustainability
- Partner with the functional leaders to build a talent strategy, ensuring Golf Pride has the right succession of talent to achieve long-term goals.
- Ensure all leaders understand their roles as talent generators – focus on the success of talent from recruitment, onboarding, promoting, and retention through a purposeful and strategic use of powerful people, analytics and data.
- Maintain and support relationship building to drive talent management and effectively manage in a matrix structure to enable high growth and profitability.
HR Operational Excellence:
- Optimize organizational design methodology to focus on continuous improvement and organizational efficiencies with clear orientation towards the future of the workforce.
- Leverage Eaton and Golf Pride’s value proposition to brand and enhance total company results.
- Partner with Finance to ensure proper accruals and forecast for employee costs/reporting.
- Leverage centers of excellence to build tools and expertise across teams supported.
Par (basic requirements):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Human Resources
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a leadership role
Birdie (preferred requirements):
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Labor Relations, or Human Resources Management preferred
- Understanding of, and some experience with, most or all of the core aspects of Human Resource Management (staffing; employee relations; performance management; leadership development; training)
- Demonstrated knowledge within B2C
Eagle (exceptional qualifications):
- Experience within Fortune 500 and/or internationally focused organizations
- Executive acumen with excellent communication, presentation, negotiating and coaching skills
- Sound strategic, financial and talent planning abilities
- SPHR or PHR certification and/or other progressive continuing education in an HR field is valued
Grip Confidence, Grip Golf Pride! Get a grip on your next career move!
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time