GOLF PRIDE FINANCIAL PLANNING & ANALYSIS MANAGER
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Eaton’s Golf Pride Division is currently seeking a Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC facility. Relocation is offered for this position.
The FP&A Manager works collaboratively with finance, accounting and business resources throughout the region. This finance leader will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating all financial planning, reporting and analysis and lead and execute the processes necessary to plan, record, analyze, and report on the financial conditions of the business, including coordinating and consolidating the reporting of the division and functions in US, UK and Asia. This role will plan and co-ordinate the preparation of strategic plans and profit plans. This role will mentor and be a business partner to the plant controllers on reporting and analysis activities and manage two direct reports. This role will also manage the Divisional headquarters budgets.
The FP&A Manager supports the business in decision-making processes, by providing forward looking analysis and insight to the business leadership team and ensuring alignment of planned actions and targets in the financial forecast. As a key member of the finance leadership team, the FP&A manager will seek out areas for process improvement in the financial function and work with Division/Plant Controllers to deliver training and implement change throughout the Division. This role offers a broad geographic and business scope and visibility. FP&A manager will be able to display critical thinking, high analytical skills, drive process improvements and demonstrates the drive, business acumen and people capability to deliver results.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Complete understanding of operating in a global environment, and the complexities of FX reporting and impacts. Consolidates complex financial statements and performs FX and operating variance analysis for all locations. Understand and interpret FX for the Division and the impact of specific hedging to minimize variances.
- Clear ownership and accountability for Division reporting and financial forecasting accuracy.
- Oversees and coordinates all financial reporting for the Division to ensure on-time and accurate reporting of the plants and the consolidated numbers.
- Produces detailed consolidated financial summaries and commentaries for actual and forecasts, highlighting the key performance aspects of the Division. Able to produce the overall story of the business from a detailed to high level perspective.
- Coordinates and is responsible for the preparation of the annual strategic plan and profit plan financials for the division. Coordinate plans, objectives, and commitments within the finance and cross-functional teams (supply chain, sales, pricing, HR). Support Division controller and Senior Leadership Team in the development of annual profit plan targets for the business. Create and maintain top-down financial plan
- Owns the Division Ledger including forecast and actuals, maintenance of the control environment for the Division office to ensure the balance sheet is correctly stated, all expenditures are properly authorized, CAR’s are raised etc. This includes the support costs (RND & Selling/Marketing) on US and UK HQ ledgers.
- Responsible for coordinating timely completion of the monthly close reporting, forecasting and operating review cycles for the Division
- Lead the division forecasting process by issuing forecast guidance to plants, consolidating and presenting preliminary forecast and coordinating the Divisions forecast to ensure financial objectives are achieved
- Collaborate with Division SIOP, SCM, Operations and Commercial teams to manage forecast inputs, build and present scenario planning, with risks and opportunities and anticipate future changes that require proactive forecast action to achieve targets.
- Prepare meaningful variance analysis commentary for Leadership Team/cross functional and publish accurate and timely financial reporting packages
- Manage the consolidation and preparation of weekly updates provided by functions. Recommend and initiate corrective actions as needed to achieve forecasts
- Identify business and financial risks and opportunities to drive management action
- Provides financial analyses, interpretation of variances from budgets, and advice to management including analyses and forecasts to evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Analyze operational and financial data, investigate variances, identify business drivers and evaluate their impact on planned objectives
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial data and other operational metrics representing forecasts and actual results (beyond pure financials, including cost out reporting, cost inflation, pricing, headcount, growth, other balance scorecard metrics)
- Works with the division controller to ensure compliance with US GAAP, Eaton policy and SOX requirements.
- Participates in projects and / or provides support to plant controllers as required. This might include involvement in profit plan preparation, one-off analysis, SOX reviews, preparation of major CAR’s etc.
- Deputize for the division controller as required (including participation in staff meetings and business reviews as needed).
- Organize and deliver appropriate management reports to leadership.
- Interpret, coordinate and respond to adhoc financial request from Division, Sector and corporate.
- Support functional leaders in achieving objectives relating to regional support costs, deductions, AR, while driving continuous improvement and maintaining above average financial controls in these areas
- Lead process improvement and functional excellence within the finance team through tools/systems, automation, and standardization.
- Lead and coach 2 direct reports (lead financial analyst and credit analyst) to be future leaders. Manage hiring, training and development of direct reports. Establish work environment that encourages career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement within the corporation. Structure and establish goals and objectives for the team, which align to Division goals as well as finance functional goals.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business and/or Finance from accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in accounting and/or finance
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- CPA/CMA Certification
- Master’s degree
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Cost Accounting Standards (CAS)
- Manager of people experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.