Global Brand Marketing Manager
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Golf Pride® Grips, played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Global Brand Marketing Manager in Pinehurst, NC. Relocation assistance will be provided.
About Golf Pride® Grips
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work
As the only connection a golfer has to their club, Golf Pride is on a mission to transform that connection (grips) from handles into performance equipment. To transform the category, Golf Pride needs to continue to develop breakthrough technology that excites golfers to want to re-grip their clubs with the best technology in the market that can improve their game. As the brand continues its transformational journey, this position is paramount in bringing breakthrough technologies to life through integrated marketing campaigns, while elevating the overall position of the Golf Pride brand in the mind of the golfer.
Brand Marketing is an essential part of our 360° marketing approach leading the brand globally. This role creates exceptional brand experiences across consumer touchpoints for the brand. The leader is a brand and category subject matter expert, providing direct leadership for the Golf Pride brand, so that our brand can reach golfers in compelling, creative ways, while maximizing return on our marketing investment and driving the brand in both the short and long-term. The person will elevate the brand by creating and implementing integrated marketing campaigns including traditional, digital and social media, public relations, and events that amplifies the brand. The role reports directly into the global head of Marketing for Golf Pride.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Be passionate about brand building and pragmatic approaches to strengthening a business, a self-starter with a strategic mind-set and proven executional expertise gained with a sports brand, CPG, or comparable industry, while having a passion for the game of golf.
- Own global brand management for the Golf Pride brand across the various consumer touchpoints including traditional, PR, media, digital/social media, sports marketing, events, and GolfPride.com that drives consumer sell-through.
- Create compelling campaigns that effectively commercializes the brand’s technology to get golfers to want to re-grip, thus driving annual re-gripping incidence through advertising, promotions, PR, events, consumer experience and media initiatives. Utilize performance metrics and analytics to gauge program effectiveness and make adjustments to future proposals.
- Apply consumer research and business analysis to understand the consumer, competition, channel dynamics, product segmentation and sales performance to reimagine the brand’s consumer experience that drives key brand engagement and metrics.
- Collaborate and lead internal and external partners to define the target golf segments and develop metrics to evaluate our effectiveness in reaching our target. Refine consumer journey maps to understand areas of opportunity throughout each touchpoint and the brand experience that Golf Pride wants to convey throughout the journey.
- Lead creative, PR and digital marketing agency partners in the development of traditional, digital, social, and PR collateral. Work closely with agencies of record to collaborate and execute marketing/communication strategies, ensure brand has meaningful long-term consumer position and achieve maximum brand and product exposure.
- Develop and execute creative briefs, help manage the creative development timeline and process, and protect and develop brand voice across all consumer touchpoints.
- Work closely with product, channel, and Tour/sports marketing team to support on-going priorities, including internal communication process, product presentations, trade shows, research and competitive intelligence.
- Ensure that brand content is amplified through retail and customer partners in collaboration with Channel Marketing Manager to ensure the latest brand assets are found on retailers’ website with relevant brand content that is sharable with key accounts including providing product specifications, brand copy, image and video assets.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years of brand marketing experience.
- Five (5) years of marketing experience in consumer products (CPG/FMG, Sports Industry Management, or Durable Goods).
- Three (3) years of experience managing integrated marketing campaigns across traditional, digital, social, and in-store.
- Two (2) years of experience managing creative agencies.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Master’s degree in Business and Marketing, from an accredited institution.
- Seven (7) years Brand Marketing experience at consumer product goods company, retailer or agency experience in sports industry, preferably in the golf industry.
- Track record of success building a consumer brand, preferably within the sports industry.
- Strong knowledge of the golf industry.
- Five (5) years of experience managing integrated marketing campaigns across traditional, digital, social, and in-store.
- Three (3) years of experience managing creative agencies.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to collaboratively develop brand marketing plans with product marketing, channel marketing, Tour, agencies of record, and global sales and marketing team.
- Ability to credibly influence people without direct authority. Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both strategy and analysis.
- Track record of achieving results and solutions oriented.
- Excellent leadership and management skills – can manage up and down effectively.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally, experience creating marketing campaigns across a wide range of mediums and results oriented.
- Diplomatic, tactful leader, who can provide leadership, set high standards, foster creativity and flexibility, motivate and be capable of getting teams to work together with a single vision.
- Natural leader and driver with the confidence and conviction to successfully and diplomatically challenge the status quo.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to build and maintain key relationships with internal sales & marketing team, executive leadership team, and agencies of record.
- Strong analytical skills to accurately and effectively plan growth opportunities
- Data collection and analytical skills.
- Experience managing agencies.
- Excellent in project and financial management skills.
- Ability to travel 25%
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.