Global Design Leader
Location: Southern Pines, NC US
Job Type: Full-Time
Golf Pride has been number one in golf grips for years. Golf Pride is a USA based company with a North American Tech Center in Aberdeen, NC, an Asian Pacific Tech Center in Taiwan, Taiwan, and an Eaton India Engineering Center (EIEC) in Pune, India. The product design group has personnel in each location. The Global Design Leader will be based in the NC facility and lead product design efforts from all design locations and establishing global documentation standards to control the product.
- Lead and coordinate the global design teams using standardized methods of design creation and document control. Manage department workload by organizing and prioritizing the schedules of the global design teams. Establish priority goals and updates in a concise, understandable, and transparent format.
- Continuously improve the skill sets of designers so they are capable of rapid and accurate 2D and 3D part design. Establish global standards of product design and documentation. Leverage expertise from other Eaton divisions to continuously improve design standards and speed.
- Achieve best in class product design speed and accuracy. Leverage software enhancements and consultant expertise to improve design efficiency. Develop macros and advanced techniques to efficiently handle grip texture and texture variations. Establish 3D CAD as the fundamental design foundation, and leverage the 3D data for product analysis, performance prediction, tooling creation, and product rendering.
- Ensure product design standards are compatible with mold makers. Create a rapid transfer of product 3D data to tooling manufacture that is fast and accurate. Work collaboratively to support tooling and manufacturing teams as needed. Support advanced tooling manufacturing.
- Establish global product design standards to support the 6 part product specifications required for product quality and manufacturing. Ensure a single, common document storage discipline is utilized by all global teams. Establish a change management system for all documents.
- Create IP patent applications by providing CAD drawings and images when needed. Respect confidentiality requirements in order to obtain patent protection.
- Deliver marketing and sales support of product design by creating renderings and technical videos using CAD rendering software to enhance the brand image or explain technical concepts.
- Support test development by creating designs or illustrations as required
- Ensure alignment with EIEC on documentation standards and process control for full product
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
- 6 years CAD software and familiarity of consumer products.
- 5 years of molded part design experience
- Ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s Degree in Material Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
- 5 years management experience
- 5 years creative problem solving skills & technical problem solving experience
- 5 years CNC Machining, EDM Tooling, Additive Manufacturing, injection molding and compression molding processes.
- International experience, working with matrixed global teams in a unified product development environment
- 5 years working knowledge with document standards, document control, and change management.
- Software skills in CAD software, both 2D and 3D. Experience with RhinoCad particularly beneficial.
- Software skills in Word, PowerPoint and proficiency in Excel
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.