Global Head of Marketing
Primary Location: Pinehurst, NC
Golf Pride® Grips, aims to further strengthen our brand with the leadership of an experienced and passionate Global Head of Marketing leader.
This is the senior most marketing role at Golf Pride. The scope of this role includes all brand and product marketing across all regions (NA, EMEA, and APAC) and all channels (OEM and Retail).
Golf Pride brand development will include responsibility for brand strategy, activation, consumer engagement and Tour leadership, across all sales channels, and geographies.
Golf Pride product development will include responsibility for the overall portfolio management across channels, positioning, promotion, and go-to-market strategies.
The person in this role will also be responsible for working collaboratively with other functions (sales, product innovation, operations) to drive revenue and profitable growth while building brand equity.
- Develop strategic marketing objectives and a global marketing plan. Execute the plan to deliver brand and sales objectives across all channels and markets.
- Leads the strategy and execution for increased consumer pull through programs that drive share growth and overall category growth.
- Develop and lead execution of Golf Pride’s Global Tour usage that ensures world class support and strengthens the brands position of leadership.
- Drives new product introduction initiatives and portfolio plans by evaluating market needs, market intelligence and insights that will support Golf Pride’s share and category growth.
- Manages collaboration with product innovation team to bring new products to the market while proactively leading the progression of new product lines throughout each season.
- Develop and implement a global go-to-market product plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product changes.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analysis; establishing time schedules with product innovation and program teams.
- Develop and support all partner marketing activities with Golf Pride’s customers, working closely with our channel partner’s marketing and sales teams, to translate their goals into measurable marketing communications and sales plans.
- Develop long term brand and product positioning and strategies designed to enhance brand value and equity.
- Leads and manages Golf Pride’s advertising agency partners in strategic brand planning, media planning and promotional activities to maximize exposure.
- Owns and drives the strategy to grow Golf Pride’s consumer database in addition to developing annual plans and activities to engage consumers in annual re-gripping.
- Develops and drives overall brand strategy and brand positioning across marketing and marketing communication in support of all business objectives.
- Direct and manage the global marketing planning and budgeting process assuring alignment against overall company strategies and objectives.
- Lead key product and technology launches with integrated marketing programs.
- Oversees compilation and analysis of market research information regarding consumers, products, competitors and market trends. Ensures that market research program meets present and future business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
- Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, from an accredited institution Preferred.
- 10 years combined marketing or brand management experience
- 7 years of marketing experience in consumer products
- 7 years of combined experience managing channels and/or product lines
- Preferred 10 years of combined channel, product, or marketing/brand experience at consumer product goods company or retailer experience in sports industry
- Track record of success building a consumer brand
- Knowledge or passion for golf, equipment companies, golf retailers and the golf industry
- 7 years of experience developing go-to-market plans in collaboration with customers
- 7 years of experience developing customer co-marketing programs & ROI
- Demonstrated results in cost effectively building brands and product lines that drive revenue growth.
- Ability to establish a successful marketing function.
- A successful track record in achieving operating P&L objectives.
- A strong selling orientation, with experience working closely and effectively with sales teams.
- Ability to credibly influence others at all levels by bringing the appropriate strategic perspective to marketing.
- Have confidence and conviction to successfully and diplomatically challenge the status quo.
- Proven results as an agent of change and a leading force in establishing a culture of performance and accountability.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal communication and strategic planning skills
- Broad business acumen, ability to plan and manage execution-based business plans
- Strong ability to influence and build key relationships with external buyers and management teams to leverage resources and sales growth opportunities.
- Strong market knowledge and understanding of different market needs, technical background with solid financial knowledge and business acumen.
- Data collection and analytical skills.
- Drive creation and implementation of innovative merchandising and promotional activity that leads to sales and unit growth
- Recognize and create new business opportunities
- Demonstrates deep understanding of the industry and organization (customer focus)
- Resourceful, with a willingness to be a coach and a player.
- Ability and willingness to take action with limited information and direction.
- Understanding of specific market channels
- Strong analytical skills to review sales-related information and trends to accurately and effectively plan customer growth opportunities
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time