Global Innovation Strategy Manager
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
About Golf Pride® Grips
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
Golf Pride® Grips, played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Consumer Experience Specialist.
Golf Pride® Grips, played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Global Innovation Strategy Manager.
As the only connection a golfer has to their club, Golf Pride® is on a mission to transform that connection (grips) from handles into performance equipment. To transform the category, Golf Pride® needs to develop a robust long-term product plan that addresses the unmet needs of our customers.
Golf Pride® has recently built a state-of-the-art Innovation Center in Pinehurst, NC to better support our customers. The new Global Innovation Center serves as Global HQ, retail store, fitting studio and is home to our rapid-prototyping lab where we can build prototypes in the morning and test them with players in the afternoon.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the game of golf and has a proven-track record of developing and executing product strategies that meets the needs of the business.
In this function you will:
- Develop a long-term product plan (3-10 years) for Golf Pride’s grip, regripping and “other” product portfolio that brings in 250-750k new golfers and $1-3M of incremental profit every year.
- Define the “why”, “what”, “where” and “when” of the product that the development team will build.
- Align all stakeholders on product decisions so that we can move fast and as one team.
- Identify questions to be answered during research and apply those learnings (customer/consumer insights) as the primary lens to direct product development.
- Build external partnerships with other businesses, technologists, brands, consultants, etc…that enable the team to go fast.
- Push product design to new heights and test the limits.
- Develop the business case for new product introductions.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of product management experience
- Multiple new product launches
- Multiple reps at building out a product strategy
- Exposure to Design Thinking
- Willing to relocate to Pinehurst, North Carolina
- Ability to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship
- 10+ years in Product Innovation
- Experience managing creative agencies
- Experience with business development activities
- Work experience in Consumer Products
- Authentic connection to the game of golf
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to collaboratively develop and execute product plans with marketing, sales, operations and the rest of the Product Innovation team.
- Ability to credibly influence people without direct authority. Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both strategy and analysis.
- Excellent leadership and management skills – can manage up and down effectively.
- Diplomatic, tactful leader, who can provide leadership, set high standards, foster creativity and flexibility, motivate and be capable of getting teams to work together with a single vision.
- Natural leader with the confidence and conviction to successfully and diplomatically challenge the status quo.
- Strong ability to build and maintain key relationships with internal sales & marketing team, executive leadership team, and external partners.
- Strong analytical skills to accurately and effectively plan growth opportunities.
- Data collection and analytical skills.
- Experience managing agencies.
- Ability to travel 25%.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.