Global Materials & SIOP Manager
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Function: Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Type: Full-Time
Eaton’s Gulf Pride Division is currently seeking a Global Materials & SIOP Manager. The Global Materials & SIOP Manager will be based at our a Southern Pines, NC facility.
As a Global Materials & SIOP Manager, you will implement and execute a division level SIOP system and take our service performance to OEM and Retail Channel customers to the next level. In addition, this highly connected leader will 1) coordinate and collaborate with Sales to improve the accuracy of our Demand Forecasting, 2) work hand and hand with Asian Operations to develop and manage a centralized capacity model (tooling, machine, etc.) to support production planning and inventory management and 3) supporting the finance team with guidance into their regular forecasting process and support flex up and flex down scenarios. The successful leader will be located in Southern Pines NC (the US represents approximately 70% of Golf Pride’s global market) and will have dotted line functional reports in each of the two production locations that will manage 100% of the scheduling for production. The success metrics for this role will balance the (a) On-Time Delivery needs to the customer need, with (b) the Flex Productivity needs of the plants, while (c) managing the inventory levels across the business. The Global SIOP Manager needs to help us develop a system and drive continuous improvement in execution so that we can optimize our performance in all three of these areas.
Golf Pride Functional Excellence Linked to Hydraulics Group
In addition, the Global Materials and SIOP Manager will have functional leadership accountability to drive Eaton Hydraulics Materials Strategy and Standard Practices across the business. Golf Pride reports to the Eaton Hydraulics Group and this role will have dotted line functional accountability to a Global Materials Leader in the Hydraulics Group. The Golf Pride SIOP Leader will need to need to leverage expertise from the Hydraulics Group and deploy it in Golf Pride in a way that improves our overall business performance. Hydraulics Group support will generally fall into the following areas: SIOP deployment and process facilitation, Replenishment system development and maintenance, inventory plan development and management, inventory accuracy program development and management, shop-floor materials processes, ERP Health improvement, and ERP launch support. The Golf Pride SIOP leader will own a list of standard Hydraulics Group Internal Materials Metrics, their deployment, maintenance and continuous improvement of their results. These metrics include Customer & Supplier OTD, DOH, $Inventory, Inventory Accuracy, Forecast Accuracy, and Logistics cost. The Golf Pride SIOP Leader will also lead a Materials Council with support from the Global Materials Team in support of these efforts.
- Lead Golf Pride SIOP Excellence that supports high OTD to customers, high flex productivity at the plants, and low gross inventory levels on the balance sheet. Optimizing these three metrics is the essence of the job.
- Work closely with the sales team to build a reliable demand forecast that we can use to drive DC inventory management and plant level production planning.
- Design and maintain a min-max inventory model in the Golf Pride DCs that maximizes OTD to customer request date and minimizes gross inventory levels in finished goods.
- Work collaboratively with the manufacturing plants to develop short and long range production plans that flex effectively to changes in demand. These production plans will be the starting point for more detailed production scheduling at the plants.
- Develop a manufacturing capacity model with support from the operations team that highlights all potential bottlenecks in production and helps us predict in advance where we need to shift demand or add capacity to ensure OTD to the customer.
- Integrate operational assumptions into the monthly rolling financial forecasting process so that our financial forecasts are always in sync with our operational plans.
- Work personally and through the team to develop, maintain, and launch standardized tools and processes that support the Hydraulics Materials Strategy.
- Deploy the Hydraulics Materials Playbook. The playbook documents processes, tools, and resources for all elements of the Hydraulics Materials Strategy.
- Drive the launch and ongoing execution of the Hydraulics standard SIOP process for the business. This includes deployment of the IOP1 facilitation tool, deploying the five-step SIOP process cycle, and coordinating inter-region SIOP demand and supply.
- Link operational SIOP needs with new Program launch execution by working hand in hand with the Golf Grip Division Program Management function:
- Sales and Profit Plan forecast
- Inventory needs via future capacity constraints
- Links operational needs for the new production by completing machine and headcount analysis
- Plans service models for NPD (Retail and OEM)
- Acts as the ultimate owner of the tooling queue with major suppliers
- Drive the launch and ongoing management of the Golf Pride Global Materials Council. Leverage the council and its resources to drive projects in support of the Hydraulics Materials Strategy at all site. Participating and /or lead all telecons and on site team meetings.
- Provide functional leadership to the plant SCM/Materials leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Operations or Materials Management
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Must be authorized work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- BA/BS in Operations Management, Supply Chain, Materials, or Engineering
- MBA or Master’s Degree Operations Management, Supply Chain, Materials, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- APICS CPIM certification.
- Highly advanced analytical and cognitive skills.
- Ability to switch back and forth from big picture system design to tactical SKU level execution
- Practical understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management in a retail environment.
- Experience with MFG/PRO or other major MRP system
- Experience managing DC inventory levels
- Expertise in driving business process improvement initiatives
- Ability to lead cross regional teams in the development and implementation of initiatives in a highly diverse and matrixed environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to take a leadership role in driving change in the organization. Likes the challenge of trying to rally people around continuous improvement and drive to the next level of excellence.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on specific improvement projects.
- Practical understanding of SIOP driven Materials Management including forecasting, scheduling, capacity analysis and inventory management.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse cultures.
- The ability to travel internationally.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.