Global Procurement Manager
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Location: TH-City, Thailand
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Global Procurement Manager in Eaton’s Golf Pride business, based in Thailand.
About Golf Pride® Grips:
Golf Pride is the #1 grip brand in golf with five generations of golfers growing up using its products. Grips are the only physical connection that golfers have to the golf club and Golf Pride obsesses over the grip design to do everything possible within the rules of golf to inspire golfers with a feeling of confidence that helps them play their best. Grip Confidence. Grip Golf Pride. That is our mission. Not just a tag line. That mission is supported by the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader in powering businesses worldwide with a deep history of manufacturing excellence, making this an exciting place to work
The Global Procurement Manager is responsible for the sourcing strategy for all materials (direct and indirect) that support Golf Pride product development and production worldwide. They will create detailed commodity strategies and manage suppliers to simplify our supply base and reduce material cost while ensuring product availabilty. The Global Procurement Manager supports multiple stakeholders:
New Product Development: partner with our NPD teams to develop supplier relationships and source new materials necessary to develop breakthrough products in our category.
Manufacturing Operations: partner with our plant teams to drive lowest total cost of acquisition and highest material availability to support ongoing production operations.
As the leader of the Procurement function globally, this person will be responsible for establishing standard processes for material sourcing, cost reduction planning, and supplier management. They will take an active role in talent management and development of site procurement teams.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Design and execute a global sourcing strategy that simplifies Golf Pride’s supply base and leverages our scale for improved cost, delivery performance, and stability of supply
- Lead Golf Pride’s material cost out program to identify and execute cost savings projects totaling 3% of spend YoY (net of material economics) through actions including: cost saving project management, negotiation of favorable payment terms, pricing, MOQ, lot sizes, etc. with suppliers globally. Responbible for managing the division cost out project pipeline including annual forecsting (profit plan), and monthly reporting (operating reviews)
- Partner with the New Product Development organization globally to identify and develop supplier relationships to support the creation of next generation breakthrough products. Negotiate partnership agreements with key supplier partners to protect Golf Pride IP.
- Identify strategic, preferred and developmental suppliers and manage ongoing selection of sources of supply to obtaining maximum advantage in price, quality, delivery, and stability of supply. Work with suppliers to increase value, quality, delivery performance and technology solutions to benefit Golf Pride. Responsible for Golf Pride’s Days Payable (DPO).
- Ensures that suppliers comply with Eaton’s Supplier Code of Conduct and Corporate Social Responsibility standards. Regularly audits suppliers to ensure responsible sourcing and employment practices consistent with industry guidelines (e.g. ILO), customer requirements, and Golf Pride’s brand standard.
- Establish plans to mitigate risk associated with purchased and subcontracted goods and services. Support plant procurement teams as the primary point of escalation for supply risks (cost, quality, delivery).
- Monitor key cost indicies (natural rubber, oil, freight costs) to anticipate changes in material or logistics costs. Proactively implement strategies to protect Golf Pride from rising costs and/or capture savings from falling costs.
- Mentor plant procurement teams to improve functional competencies – sourcing, negotiation, supplier management. Create a road map to transform the procurement function from tactical (issue PO’s) to strategic (sourcing).
- Regularly assess Golf Pride’s use of Eaton Business System tools (e.g. Procurement Excellence; Cost Out) and create plans to improve overall maturity
- Establish and leads the Golf Pride Procurement council to: a) Identify, share and leverage best practices b) ensure consistent management of suppliers, and c) collaborate and solve common problems across our sites
- Support the preparation of other formal assessments (e.g. customer, regulatory) as needed. Lead the creation of appropriate action plans based on assessment findings to improve Golf Pride processes as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 7 years of experience in strategic sourcing, commodity management, procurement, or supply chain management
- Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Experience in a multi-site, global business
- Experience in polymer or petrochemical industries
- Knowledge of golf industry
- Proven track record with strategic sourcing in a multi-site organization
- Deep understanding of global economics and ability to use market data/analytics to predict trends
- Expert negotiating skills and demonstrated cost out accomplishments
- Strong financial and commercial accumen and the ability to build detailed business cases to support sourcing decisions”
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills with proven ability to lead change through both direct and indirect (influencing) abilities.
- Natural leader and driver with the confidence and conviction to successfully and diplomatically challenge the status quo.
- Can effectively and comfortably speak to different levels of the organization; senior leaders to the factory floor.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both strategy and analysis.
- High EQ to manage change across multiple functions
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential – and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.