Global Product Marketing Manager
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
About Golf Pride® Grips:
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
Golf Pride® Grips, Played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand and product portfolio with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Global Product Marketing Manager.
As the only connection a golfer has to their club, Golf Pride is on a mission to transform that connection (grips) from handles into performance equipment. To transform the category, Golf Pride needs to continue to develop breakthrough products that excite golfers to want to re-grip their clubs with the best technology in the market that can improve their game. As the brand continues its transformational journey, this position is paramount in bringing breakthrough technologies to life through integrated product marketing campaigns, while helping elevate the overall position of the Golf Pride brand in the mind of the golfer.
Product Marketing is an essential part of our 360° marketing approach leading the brand globally. This role will be responsible for collaborating with key cross-functional teams to develop exceptional go-to-market strategies for new product innovation. The leader is a category subject matter expert, providing direct leadership for the Golf Pride brand, so that our brand can reach golfers in compelling, creative ways, while maximizing return on our product marketing investment. The person will partner with product innovation to evaluate new opportunities by creating and implementing market analysis and size of prize practices, target consumer/persona definitions, and portfolio management discipline. Ultimately the role will be responsible for creating demand for new products through effective messaging and marketing programs.
The ideal candidate is passionate about product innovation, brand building and pragmatic approaches to strengthening a business, a self-starter with a strategic mind-set and proven executional expertise gained with a sports brand, CPG, or comparable industry, while having a passion for the game of golf.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
In this function you will:
- Apply consumer research and business analysis to understand the consumer, competition, channel dynamics, product segmentation and market size to reimagine how Golf Pride prioritizes, communicates and launches new products.
- Lead Go-to-Market strategy with key cross-functional team members for all new product launches (Size of Prize, Consumer Targeting, Communication Strategy, Internal/External Sales Communication, Customer Presentations, and Product Sell-Thru Analysis).
- Develop and execute new product launch creative briefs, help manage the creative development timeline and process, and protect and develop brand voice across all consumer touchpoints in coordination with brand manager.
- Partner with Brand Marketing to apply and appropriately augment global brand messaging strategy to individual product lines.
- Create new product communication strategy that increases annual re-gripping incidence. Utilize performance metrics and analytics to gauge program effectiveness and adjust future product launches.
- Collaborate with product innovation team define most valuable target golf segments and develop metrics to evaluate our effectiveness in innovating against desired consumer target.
- Obtain insights into consumers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and other research methods.
- Works closely with brand, channel, and Tour/sports marketing team to support on-going product priorities, including internal communication process, customer presentations, trade shows, research and competitive intelligence.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three (3) years of product marketing experience.
- Three (3) years of brand marketing experience in consumer products (CPG/FMG, Sports Industry Management, or Durable Goods).
- Three (3) years of experience managing integrated marketing campaigns across traditional, digital, social, and in-store.
- Two (2) years of experience managing external agencies.
- Ability to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Strong knowledge of the golf industry.
- Master’s degree in Business and Marketing, from an accredited institution.
- Five (5) years product marketing experience at consumer product goods company, retailer or experience in sports.
- Track record of launching new products within a consumer brand.
- Five (5) years of experience managing integrated marketing campaigns across traditional, digital, social, and in-store.
- Three (3) years of experience managing external agencies.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to collaboratively develop new product marketing plans with brand marketing, channel marketing, tour, and sales team.
- Ability to credibly influence people without direct authority. Strong communication skills with the ability to present and discuss both strategy and analysis.
- Track record of achieving results and solutions oriented.
- Excellent leadership and management skills – can manage up and down effectively.
- Ability to collaborate effectively cross-functionally, experience creating marketing campaigns across a wide range of mediums and results oriented.
- Diplomatic, tactful leader, who can provide leadership, set high standards, foster creativity and flexibility, motivate and be capable of getting teams to work together with a single vision.
- Natural leader and driver with the confidence and conviction to successfully and diplomatically challenge the status quo.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong ability to build and maintain key relationships with internal sales & marketing team, executive leadership team, and agencies of record.
- Strong analytical skills to accurately and effectively plan growth opportunities
- Data collection and analytical skills.
- Experience managing agencies.
- Excellent in project and financial management skills.
- Ability to travel 15%.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.