GLOBAL QUALITY MANAGER
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Golf Pride is currently seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
In this function you will:
At Golf Pride, we believe that world class quality in the eyes of our customers is a competitive advantage. The best players in the world choose to play Golf Pride grips because they know that they can trust them to perform on every swing. We take that responsibility seriously. As the senior most leader within the function, the Global Quality Manager role has two primary focuses:
- Player Focus: Champion Golf Pride’s brand standard for product quality and create global testing standards that are correlated to player experience
- Operations Focus: Build a global quality system that consistently delivers products that meet our brand standard from both Golf Pride plants, to all channels
The Global Quality Manager will leverage best practices from Eaton’s Quality Management System and represent Golf Pride in corporate quality initiatives. They will be the division champion for key quality related metrics including DPPM/RPPM and Cost of Non-Conformance (CONC).
Customer/Player Focused Responsibilities
- Represent the quality function in the Consumer Experience Task Force to capture and document the playing experience with grips
- Collaborate with the Marketing and New Product Development teams to develop clear, measurable quality standards for the Golf Pride brand focused on the player experience
- Develop testing methodologies that ensure we meet player expectations for quality (cosmetic, durability, performance, etc.) and integrate those protocols into both product development and manufacturing processes
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer quality issues. Drive robust and sustainable corrective actions to closure to the customer’s satisfaction
- Serve as Golf Pride’s liaison with the USGA for product testing and ensure compliance for all new products and standards prior to production
- Lead Golf Pride’s response to counterfeiting by evaluating suspect product and parterning with Legal to address vendors found to be selling non-authentic grips.
Plant/Internal Focused Responsibilities
- Lead the development and deployment of the Quality strategy for Golf Pride to maintain brand standards across all channels
- Develop and implement a Quality functional organizational structure capable that delivers on short- and long-term quality objectives
- Maintain global alignment between internal labs in Pinehurst, Taiwan, and Thailand to ensure uniform test results from any Golf Pride lab. Prepare and execute annual capital budget for laboratory alignment
- Build a competency of structured problem solving throughout the organization, leveraging appropriate tools based on the situation (DMAIC, 6-sigma, etc.)
- Manage the development, implementation, and use of the Balanced Scorecard tool for reporting and driving improvement quality metrics to all levels of the organization (Plant and Division)
- Manage key quality-related operational metrics (DPPM/RPPM/CONC) and lead periodical reviews with plant and division teams to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps in performance
- Lead quarterly Quality functional reviews with specific focus on EQS self-assessment effectiveness and maturity, corrective and preventive actions, timely closure of actions, and other items as required
- Own the Quality Alert and Escape Management process for the Division. Ensure timely escalation and communication of customer quality escapes and work with Group, Plant Quality, and Supplier Development colleagues to ensure appropriate containment, root cause, and corrective actions are undertaken with urgency.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of combined experience working in quality, manufacturing, engineering and/or continuous improvement
- Minimum two (2) years of experience managing direct reports
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience in a role with multiple site responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic management and project management.
- In-depth experience with the practical application of Quality tools, 8D/DMAIC, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of blueprint reading, statistical methods, problem solving, SPC, APQP, MSA, quality standards, quality audits, and continuous improvement tools
- Interest in golf a significant plus
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time