Global Quality Manager
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Eaton’s Golf Pride division is currently seeking a Global Quality Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided for this position.
Golf Pride is the #1 grip brand in golf with five generations of golfers growing up using its products. Grips are the only physical connection that golfers have to the golf club and Golf Pride obsesses over the grip design to do everything possible within the rules of golf to inspire golfers with a feeling of confidence that helps them play their best. Grip Confidence. Grip Golf Pride. That is our mission. Not just a tag line.
At Golf Pride, we believe that world class quality in the eyes of our customers is a competitive advantage. The best players in the world choose to play Golf Pride grips because they know that they can trust them to perform on every swing. We take that responsibility seriously. As the senior most leader within the function, the Global Quality Manager role has two primary focuses:
Player Focus: Champion Golf Pride’s brand standard for product quality and create global testing standards that are correlated to player experience
Operations Focus: Build a global quality system that consistently delivers products that meet our brand standard from both Golf Pride plants, to all channels
The Global Quality Manager will leverage best practices from Eaton’s Quality Management System and represent Golf Pride in corporate quality initiatives. They will be the division champion for key quality related metrics including DPPM/RPPM and Cost of Non-Conformance.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Customer/Player Focused Responsibilities
- Capture and document the playing experience with grips and develop testing protocols from the consumer backwards. Standardize and integrate these test procedures in the manufacturing and product development processes
- Establish and document brand standards for product quality during development.
- Act as the primary point of contact for customer quality issues. Drive robust and sustainable corrective actions to closure to the customer’s satisfaction
- Serve as Golf Pride’s primary business liaison with the USGA, ensuring compliance for all new products and standards prior to production
- Lead Golf Pride’s consolidated response to counterfeiting by following up on returned product and proactively removing vendors known to be selling unlicensed grips.
- Lead Golf Pride’s sustainability initiatives in the marketplace to reduce the number of used grips that enter landfills every year.
Plant/Internal Focused Responsibilities
- Lead the development and deployment of the Quality strategy for Golf Pride to maintain brand standards across all channels.
- Develop and implement a Quality functional organizational structure capable of supporting Golf Pride strategic initiatives and lead the efforts to integrate quality into the development of short- and long-range business plans.
- Maintain global alignment between internal labs in Pinehurst, Taiwan, and Thailand to ensure uniform test results from any Golf Pride lab. Prepare and execute annual capital budget for laboratory alignment.
- Build a competency of structured problem solving throughout the organization, leveraging appropriate tools based on the situation (DMAIC, 6-sigma, etc)
- Manage the development, implementation, and use of the Balanced Scorecard tool for reporting and driving improvement quality metrics to all levels of the organization (Plant and Division).
- Manage key quality-related operational metrics (DPPM/RPPM/CONC) and lead periodical reviews with plant and division teams to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps in performance.
- Lead quarterly Quality functional reviews with specific focus on EQS self-assessment effectiveness and maturity, corrective and preventive actions, timely closure of actions, and other items as required.
- Own the Quality Alert and Escape Management process for the Division. Ensure timely escalation and communication of customer quality escapes and work with Group, Plant Quality / OpEx, and Supplier Development colleagues to ensure appropriate containment, root cause, and corrective actions are undertaken with urgency.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.#LI- MD1
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum seven (7) years of combined experience working in quality, manufacturing, engineering and/or continuous improvement
- Minimum two (2) years of experience managing direct reports
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
- Experience in a role with multiple site responsibilities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality assurance and continuous improvement methods, approaches and tools, including strategic management and project management.
- In-depth experience with the practical application of Quality tools, 8D/DMAIC, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Working knowledge of blueprint reading, statistical methods, problem solving, SPC, APQP, MSA, quality standards, quality audits, and continuous improvement tools
- Interest in golf a significant plus
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to manage by influence through solid relationships and process focus
- Demonstrated ability to get results across global teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with external stakeholders including customers and regulatory bodies.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time