Golf Grip Development Engineer
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Job Type: Full-Time
Golf Pride is a world leader in golf grips. Golf Pride develops and manufactures golf grips for Retail and OEM customers. Golf Pride believes product development should be located as close as possible to the customer. This position is located in the North American Tech Center (NATC) in Aberdeen, NC near the heart of golf in Pinehurst, NC.
The primary function of this position is to direct putter grip product development activities in North American Tech Center (NATC) and Asia Pacific Tech Center (APTC) supporting Retail and OEM Markets. This position will leverage in house resources of product design, tooling design, material development, process development, and product testing to achieve product development goals.
The Golf Pride Putter Development Engineer is a global leadership position and will drive break through innovation to lead product development for the retail and OEM markets. Additional focus will be on continuous improvement and a positive change agent and culture enhancer. A significant part of the leadership is communications across culture and time zones while inspiring others to embrace a global communication standard.
- Lead global golf grip product development activities for both Retail and OEM products. Establish goals and tasks for group leaders in design, tooling, materials, process, testing, and packaging that align to the goals set by the business leaders. Establish R&D initiatives and deliverables to meet project deadlines
- Lead the development of Retail and OEM product technologies. These markets require different kinds of technology and price point performance. Establish a technology funnel for each discipline to satisfy short term and long term goals, meeting price point and performance driven goals.
- Manage the pilot run qualification process in preparation for transfer to manufacturing engineering prior to PPAP qualification. This includes working with the development and quality teams and driving the generation of the 6 part product specification and overseeing the upload to Enovia before PPAP begins..
- Establish a discipline of documentation control and change management. Enforce documentation standards, Enovia product lifecycle management, and precise record keeping. Ensure that the development history is well documented for reference purposes including lessons learned.
- Embrace global material standards at every opportunity. Minimize the development of new material compounds and leverage existing global materials at every opportunity.
- Drive continuous improvement of product quality by ensuring adoption of global test standards by development teams and facilities. Contribute to new test procedures that will enhance product performance, product quality and customer confidence.
- Support manufacturing with troubleshooting on issues in production or quality, and cost out. Collaborate with manufacturing engineering to provide necessary support during the PPAP process.
- Manage the putter grip development expenses per profit plan goals. Manage IP initiatives to protect confidential product and process creations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Material Science or Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development or Research and Development environment (R&D)
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the consumer goods industry
- Must be able to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in material science or engineering from an accredited institution
- 8 years of experience in product development or R & D environment
- 4 years of experience in the sporting goods industry, preferably golf
- 2 years rubber chemistry and processing knowledge and/or experience.
- Previous experience with intellectual property development leading to patent filings and grants
- International experience in a multi-cultural environment, with extended workday schedules to support the business
- The position operates with full authority to make decisions and take actions regarding putter grip development.
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to identify the root cause and cure.
- A strong leader of people. One who can persuade and create alignment using logic and a professional demeanor.
- Availability to attend nightly phone calls and travel to Asia and other international locations.
- Working knowledge in rubber materials and processes, tooling design, material testing, product testing, and product packaging.
- Attention to detail and the persistence to drive projects to completion is required.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- The ability to communicate and coordinate with sales and outside customers is required.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.