Golf Pride Plant Manager – Taiwan Plant
Primary Location: Thailand
Categories: Manufacturing & Operations
As the most senior Eaton Golf Pride employee in Taiwan, this role includes two primary and complementary responsibilities:
- Manufacturing Responsibilities: Manage all manufacturing operations at Golf Pride site located in Tainan, Taiwan plant. Manages a solid-line direct report team that includes production, materials management, manufacturing engineering, quality, accounting, and human resources. Also provide dotted line leadership on site to customer service, program management, and R&D. Participate actively in the Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning (SIOP) process to set production plans for the plant and manages the entire manufacturing process from end to end with a focus on safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost. Responsible with the senior site team for delivering Profit Plan and High 5 Operational Goals for the plant site.
- Senior Site Leader Responsibilities: As a member of the Global Golf Pride extended Senior Leadership Team, encourage effective cross functional interaction amongst all Golf Pride resources at the site, that (a) support Golf Prides front end growth objectives, and also support (b) plant specific manufacturing objectives. Actively cultivate a strong sense of teamwork across functions at the site and facilitate effective engagement with other sites including (a) sister plant in Thailand and (b) division HQ in Southern Pines. As site executive, the Plant Manager must be the role model for effective collaboration between manufacturing, R&D and sales.
Plant Manager – Manufacturing
- Safety: Promotes a Zero Incident Safety Culture (ZISC) and maintains a safe working environment for all employees at the site. Responsible for compliance with all EHS policies and procedures.
- Quality: Encourages a commitment by every employee at the site to world class quality standards (DPPM less than 200 DPPM). Responsible for the effective operation of the quality system at the site and integration with the overall Golf Pride quality system across sites.
- Service: Develops a system and a culture that delivers superior service levels to our customers and differentiates Golf Pride against its other competitors. Works actively to manage sure that program management and SIOP activities at the site set the manufacturing operations up for success to deliver product to customers on time.
- Cost: Effectively manages manufacturing variances and eliminates waste through the development of a culture of Continuous Improvement. Develops and maintains a “hopper” of cost out initiatives at the site in support of the Golf Pride division’s annual and strategic planning cost out goals. Plans and implements cost out projects to meet or exceed savings targets.
- Supply Chain: Responsible for creating and maintain supply chain excellence at the site which includes on-time delivery of component materials at the lowest total cost, along with annual cost improvements.
- Goals Setting: Work cross-functionally with the Plant Staff to create and deploy the business vision and goals for the site and aligned with Golf Pride’s key strategic issues through EBS Pull, OpA and CI deployment
- P&L Management: Develops profit plan objectives for the manufacturing site and proactively manages all spending to support those objectives.
- Culture: Clearly communicates expectations, continually raises the bar, and consistently holds self and employees accountable for performance.
- Cross Site Coordination: As the senior most manufacturing operations leader at the site, communicate and coordinate with the other Golf Pride operations leaders to develop a global operations system that differentiates Golf Pride in the marketplace against its competitors.
- Process Compliance: Responsible for compliance with all Eaton Business, Finance, HR and all other functional policy and procedures at site
- Golf Pride Senior Leadership Team Member: Actively participates in the Golf Pride Senior Leadership Team to help guide and direct the overall business. This includes passing input up from the local site to the SLT to incorporate into the global plan and it also includes communicating down Golf Pride’s overall business objectives to all employees at the site. In this role, the senior site leader needs to be comfortable participating in the development and communicating Golf Pride’s overall goals and objectives.
- Overall Site Planning: Develops plans and outlines a 3 year vision for Plant site (in the context of Golf Pride’s overall growth strategy) and the main organizational gaps (BOC/OCA) needed to support the plan. This plan will have a heavy focus on manufacturing but will also include other functions at the site (e.g., customer service, program management, R&D)
- Cross Functional Leadership: Models, coaches, and actively promotes productive cross-functional relationships and communication that supports Golf Pride’s overall business goals at the site. Most importantly, this includes consistent collaboration with on-site customer service, program management, and R&D teams.
- Site Morale & Culture: Maintain and improve employee relationships with all site employees (production and salary, across all functions) by supporting the Eaton Philosophy of Excellence Through People..
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 8 years’ experience of increasing responsibility directly managing operations or manufacturing facilities
- 4 years’ experience working in a multi-national company with international reporting lines
- Demonstrated written and verbal fluency in English
- MBA or Masters in Engineering from an accredited institution
- 10 years’ experience directly managing operations or manufacturing facilities
- 6 years’ experience working in a multi-national company with international reporting relationships
- 3 years of experience managing employees across multiple functions such as SCM, Finance, HR, EHS or OpEx.
- 3 years’ experience with planning and managing budgets
- Demonstrated knowledge of current manufacturing, materials/purchasing and quality assurance methods and practices
- Thorough understanding of financial practices and financial statements, including capital equipment analysis, cost accounting, budgeting, project cost analysis, maintenance analysis and organizational techniques
- Ability to drive change and successfully lead and implement these change initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to manage direct reports and build organizational capability
- Strong communication skills and comfort with facilitating teams/groups and working with all levels in the organization
- Ability to travel internationally up to 10 %
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to manufacturing, quality, and materials management
- Knowledge of financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Executive
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time