Product Support Engineer
Location: Southern Pines, NC
Job Type: Full-Time
Golf Pride is a world leader in golf grips. Golf Pride develops and manufactures golf grips for Retail and OEM customers. Golf Pride believes product development should be located as close as possible to the customer. This position is located in the North American Tech Center (NATC) in Aberdeen, NC near the heart of golf in Pinehurst, NC. The product support engineer will be responsible for providing a variety of product development, product testing, and general product support functions.
- Provide global leadership in product test methods. Develop and standardize test method procedures to ensure global compliance on all test methods.
- Support swing grip product development by providing a variety of engineering services such as project management, product design, development, prototype molding, finishing, and product testing.
- Develop rapid mold making techniques to create tooling to produce limited quantities of samples. Be on the forefront of mold making technology in order to reduce sample lead time.
- Assist in new technology development. This may include new material developments, new process development, and advanced concept development.
- Support development engineers by coordinating with the Lab Supervisor and helping manage pilot runs at the North American Tech Center (NATC). Organize data collection, and establish product specifications in preparation of PPAP qualification.
- Transfer products following successful pilot run qualification to PPAP qualification on site in Taiwan or Thailand.
- Assist NATC technicians in producing samples to meet customer needs.
- Submit samples to USGA and R&A technical committees and engage dialogue to obtain sample approval.
- Support protection of authentic Golf Pride products by searching online retail sites such as ebay and Alibaba and shut down the sites selling counterfeit products. Provide support in identifying counterfeit products.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or materials science from an accredited institution
- Minimum 1 year of experience testing of materials and products
- Minimum 2 years of combined experience in product engineering or manufacturing engineering.
- Must have the ability to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s degree in engineering or chemistry from an accredited institution
- 5 years of product development experience
- 5 years creative problem solving skills & technical problem solving experience
- 5 years CNC Machining, EDM Tooling, injection molding and compression molding processes.
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD product design.
- Test development experience
- Documentation standards and change management experience
- Practical skills to get things done without much supervision.
- Software skills in Word, PowerPoint and proficiency in Excel. Data management and online data management
- Golf experience and passion a plus.
- A disciplined and logical thought process.
- Multiple project management order to manage the high volume of projects
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.