Associate Retail Technician
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Golf Pride is currently seeking an Associate Retail Technician to join our team. This is a part-time position based at our Pinehurst, NC location.
For five generations, Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only brand that touches every golfer, we are obsessed with the connectedness of the hands to the club and this inspires every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
Golf Pride® Grips, played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of a Retail Associate to assist our Lead Tour Technician in the Retail Lab
Golf Pride has opened their first ever Tour Authentic Grip Experience at its Global Innovation Center (GIC) in Pinehurst, NC and is looking for an associate tech to assist the lead tour technician in the lab. The associate is responsible for providing exceptional service to consumers visiting the GIC and Retail Lab as well as provide support in various capacities to the Tour Tech and Consumer Experience team. The associate will assist with consumer grip selection process, various install steps, research collection/testing and other tasks to support the retail experience.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
Retail Experience Support
- Contribute to install efficiency: tasks including but not limited to, removing grip, removing grip tape, cleaning, restocking supplies, and assisting customer service needs
- Provide grip size and model recommendations according to consumers’ needs
- Supports workflow for all services to achieve quoted turn-around times to meet consumers needs
- Uphold company standards for merchandise and product presentation to meet the standards of the best golf grip brand in the industry
- Assist with inventory restock, counts and movements
- Processing various retail transactions, such as returns, discounts and general transactions
- Identifying low-stock or out-of-stock items and supplies in the Retail Lab and notifying team lead
- Following procedures and processes for consumer interactions, club intake information and regripping process
- Addressing customer concerns and resolving them promptly to the customer’s satisfaction
- Provide support in consumer research in the fitting studio with tasks including but not limited to staging demo clubs for consumers & execute tests directed by research lead.
- Maintaining the Retail Lab and surrounding area in a clean, professional presentation at all times.
- Staying current with new golf technologies and ever-changing equipment features and incorporating product knowledge into customer recommendations.
- Willing to learn and adhere to evolving processes and procedures implemented by the consumer experience manager
General Golf Pride Support
- Supporting Golf Pride overall consumer experience needs from online to in person to GIC visitor support
- Occasional event support with set up of tents, displays, testing equipment, etc. for marketing or community events (evenings or weekends possible)
- Ensure Retail Lab, Fitting Studio, and surrounding consumer experience areas are always clean and presentable
- Welcome guests and visitors to Golf Pride with a level of hospitality that enhances our brand
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of one (1) year of Retail experience
- Basic knowledge of golf and golf club repair services
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- Two years of work experience within the consumer products industry
- Basic understanding of swing mechanics, club fitting, and product knowledge paired with golf skills, knowledge, and terminology
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- High energy for interacting with consumers in multiple scenarios
- Association with the PGA
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks
- Professional image with the ability to interact comfortable with senior executives and tour players
- Time management and organizational skills
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach, and lift up to 30 lbs
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call 412-893-3600 or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No