Retail Demand Analyst
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Eaton’s Golf Pride Division is currently seeking a Retail Demand Analyst – North America to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Retail Demand Analyst – North America is responsible for developing a rolling 18-month unit and revenue demand forecast incorporating business intelligence, sell-through trends, new products, new product cannibalization, promotions, and customer programs. The Retail Demand Analyst – North America drives the first two steps of the Golf Pride Sales Inventory & Operations Planning (SIOP) process (1 – Data Gathering and Product Planning and 2 – Demand Planning) and is an active participant in the remaining steps. The primary responsibility and focus are to deliver a complete Demand Plan using all available data from internal and external sources.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Partner with the North America Retail and North America Distribution sales managers and supply chain analysts to interpret multiple sources of information to create an accurate representation of future demand behavior by customer and product line. Responsible for facilitating monthly forecast collaboration meetings, the analyst will prepare analysis to support position and recommendations in clear, concise formats to facilitate agreement.
- Monitor retail and distributor sell-in, sell-through, and channel inventory data to determine patterns, trends, and variability including market trends, competitive situations, and customers’ inventory strategies. Collaborate with Retail partners to manage store-level inventory and sell-through reporting as well as deep dive weekly sell-through data and provide proactive recommendations to the sales organization.
- Lead the aggregation and analysis of topline demand forecasts and highlight risks and opportunities pertaining to customer, market and economic factors, enabling senior leadership the support analysis needed to drive improved profitability, volume growth and achieve channel objectives.
- Serve as the primary contact for customers, providing exceptional customer service and resolving issues within service level targets.
- Guide, support and train sales account managers in philosophies and processes related to a world class demand planning organization.
- Maintain involvement in key cross-functional decisions, including short- and long-term strategy discussions, product initiatives, strategic business planning, and systems integration.
- Fully participate as a cross-functional member of the Supply, Consensus, and Executive review steps.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Minimum of one to three (1-3) years of experience in demand planning, forecasting, statistics or other quantitative analytic disciplines.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in retail, merchandising, and logistical flow.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint).
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in syndicated sales data software.
- Basic level of understanding of the SIOP process steps: Forecast, Demand, Supply, Consensus, Executive.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and develop recommendations from various data sources.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and teamwork skills.
- Proactive, self-directed and action-oriented with strong decision-making skills.
- Must be detail oriented and possess excellent prioritization skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills. Must be able to interact with all levels of management.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.