Retail Demand Manager
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Golf Pride, the global leader in golf grip innovation and technology, is currently seeking a Retail Demand Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Pinehurst, NC Global Innovation Center. Relocation assistance will be provided.
About Golf Pride® Grips
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
The Golf Pride Retail Demand Manager is responsible for developing a rolling 18-month unit and revenue demand forecast incorporating business intelligence, sell-through trends, new products, new product cannibalization, promotions, and customer programs. The Retail Demand Manager drives the first two steps of the Golf Pride Integrated Business Planning process (1 – Data Gathering and Product Planning and 2 – Demand Planning) and is an active participant in the remaining steps. The primary responsibility is to deliver a complete Demand Plan using all available data from internal and external sources. The Retail Manager fully participates as a cross-functional member of the Supply, Consensus, and Executive review steps.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Partner with the Retail and Distribution sales managers and supply chain team to interpret multiple sources of information to create an accurate representation of future demand behavior by customer and product line.
- Own the monthly Retail demand planning process, including reporting aggregate plans to senior management on forecasts, assumptions, risks and opportunities.
- Consolidate global Retail channel forecast based on inputs from APAC Demand Analyst to provide a comprehensive view of the channel.
- Prepare a nuanced view of customer demand in detailed supply analysis and review meetings; collaborates across Golf Pride to collect key planning issues, clarify business implications, and recommend appropriate countermeasures.
- Maintain forecast accuracy metrics at various levels from product family to individual SKU and takes action to drive continuous improvement at all levels of the forecast
- Create accurate item-level demand forecasts using all available information including customer orders, statistical forecasts, POS data, new product launch assumptions, seasonal demand patterns, etc.
- Assess forecast assumptions based on the analysis of market data, industry dynamics, statistics, business trends, and demand patterns.
- Maintain a yearly profit plan forecast and monthly rolling forecasts within an 18-month forecasting horizon. Incorporate business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, customer service, program management, etc. to identify demand drivers and proactively confirm trends.
- Lead the coordination of market intelligence, customer forecasts and demand inputs from Customer Service, Sales & Marketing, New Product and Program management teams.
- Provide exceptional customer service and responds to customer inquiries within service level targets.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Three to five (3 – 5) years of experience in demand planning, forecasting, statistics or other quantitative analytic disciplines.
- One (1) year experience in retail, merchandising, and logistical flow.
- One to three (1-3) years of experience in Microsoft Excel utilizing pivot tables, advanced formulas and macros.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience working in syndicated sales data software.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)