Retail Tour Technician
Primary Location: Pinehurst, NC
Golf Pride® Grips, played by 80% of Tour Players, aims to further strengthen our brand with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Tour Technician in our first ever Tour Authentic Grip Experience.
Golf Pride is opening the first ever Tour Authentic Grip Experience at its Global Innovation Center (GIC) in Pinehurst, NC and is looking for next Tour Technician. The Golf Pride Tour Technician will play an instrumental role in shaping and defining this world class experience, requiring the ability and passion to grow this new venture. As a Tour Technician, you will provide expert, tour level product consultation and grip install to each consumer from greeting to product selection, installation and check out. The Tour Technician will be responsible for working with Golf Pride’s GIC team to support new product and install development insights to grow the category as well as the daily operation of the experience center.
- Assist consumers in selecting the best Golf Pride grip(s) for their game, providing tour insights and exclusive product knowledge throughout the selection process.
- Install consumers’ selected grips on clubs with extreme precision with the ability to use various install methods based on what the consumer wants/needs – providing the best spec’d install in the market.
- Gather insights from the consumer install experience to reduce the install pain point, evolve the process and assist in developing an effortless install standard.
- Provide a world-class experience for all consumers; greet and establish what each consumer wants and/or needs to then recommend, select, and help locate or obtain merchandise with an “inside-the-ropes” experience – wasting no time and ensuring the consumer knows they are as important as the pros.
- Able to pull from past experiences or other ‘inside-the-ropes’ experience to share stories with the consumers, mixing the worlds of retail and tour.
- Create and build brand advocates who return to Golf Pride and promote our brand to others.
- Aid in the development of the Golf Pride Experience to reach a level of “must-see” when visiting the Pinehurst area, giving each consumer a tour authentic, custom experience.
- Promote the attributes of the merchandise and product, answering all questions, keeping up-to-date on company promotions, policies and safety practices.
- Educating golfers and other partners about the grip and install process, building their grip IQ and increasing the overall re-gripping incident rate.
- Maintain a high level of understanding of industry equipment trends, tour player ‘what’s in the bag’ and other factors that impact the golfer.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or GED.
- PGA/PGM Class A member or three (3) years of tour experience around equipment and fitting with a thorough understanding of golfers, grip performance and equipment.
- Minimum of two (2) years of working knowledge around club fitting and golf equipment with extensive re-gripping experience.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Pinehurst, NC location.
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience within consumer products industry.
- Significant understanding of swing mechanics, club fitting and product knowledge paired with high-level of golf skills, knowledge and terminology.
- Tour experience with tour trucks or other club manufactures on tournament grounds.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and able to manage multiple tasks and priorities without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates integrity and shows ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- Professional image with the ability to interact comfortably with senior executives and tour players.
- Strong time management and organizational proficiency.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, bend and reach and lift up to 30 lbs.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time