Taiwan Plant Quality Manager
Location: Taiwan-Kuei Jen Shiang-Tainan Shien
Job Type: Full-Time
- Manage the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of a Quality Management System to comply with the published plant Quality Manual and the global divisional vision for quality
- Develop and implement strategic projects to continually improve the overall Quality of products, information and services.
- Interface with customers, suppliers, partners, and internal stakeholders in both the plant and at customer locations to enhance their perception and understanding of the plant Quality systems. Facilitate customer Quality audits and inspections as appropriate to demonstrate compliance.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement process improvements at Eaton Golf Pride in addition to training programs relative to the Quality Management System.
- Manage the development and implementation of statistical feedback programs and attribute inspections required to effectively evaluate the Quality Management System.
- Act as the management representative managing ISO 9001 certification activities including authority on ISO 9001 requirements. Develop, implement, and manage a product warranty system that provides feedback to responsible departments and assures permanent corrective action.
- Accountable for QA duties and has the authority to take the necessary actions to resolve Quality issues.
- Manage Incoming, Final and In-Process inspections necessary to ensure Quality products to customers. Drive error-proofing solutions at the source to address issues found during inspections.
- Lead the deployment and support of the Eaton Quality System throughout the organization. Provide Quality leadership and support in development of new products, processes, and services (PROLaunch). Lead plant Supplier Quality activities to ensure the incoming Quality of purchased materials.
- Analyze organizational Quality metrics and perform Management Reviews to evaluate results and recommend countermeasures to close gaps at the operational level.
- Coordinate and manage continuous improvement activities related to Quality including 8D’s, Kaizen events, BPI’s, Six Sigma projects, and other problem solving activities.
- Develop and maintain an appropriate departmental budget and ensure the operation of the Quality Department within budget. Evaluate the performance of the Quality Team to facilitate performance management, merit increases, promotions, job transfers, disciplinary action, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five years’ experience in Quality Engineering
- Minimum two years of leadership experience of a quality function
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in Mandarin and English both written and verbally
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Greenbelt certification. (Blackbelt a plus)
- Four years Quality Management experience
- Two years of people management experience
- Two years working in an environment using and understanding of ISO9001 requirements
- Identify, evaluate and implement cost effective resolution of complex Quality issues arising in sales, engineering, materials, and manufacturing.
- Rapid response to permanently resolve customer product warranty issues which may include identifying the customer’s own improper application or operation of product shipped.
- Facilitate Field Campaigns and develop containment actions to replace suspect materials shipped over a period of time which minimizes impact to customer operations.
- Plan and direct field retrofits or equipment upgrades at customer sites.
- Solutions often require in-depth research and understanding of product design, supplier processes, and customer application to properly achieve resolution of Quality and product warranty issues.
- Understand EQS, ELSS, & EBE as components of the EBS, including the assessment process and criteria.
- Ability to find and liaise with external test laboratories for specific testing when required.
- Passion for quality and attitude in problem solving. Demonstrated performance results, and a continual improvement mindset.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of creative problem solving techniques/tools.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and a team player.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.