Taiwan Plant SCM/OpEx Manager
Location: Taiwan-Kuei Jen Shiang-Tainan Shien
Function: Operational Excellence
Job Type: Full-Time
This position is responsible for leading SCM and OpEx in Taiwan plant. Develop and deploy the Operational Excellence (OpEx) strategy for the Taiwan Plant, supporting the implementation of GGD’s OpEx programs and goals. Manage the supply chain function of the plant, supporting the corporate / division SCM strategies, initiatives and goals. It will develop the plant cost out initiatives/roadmap and track the performance, which are aligned with division level.
The OpEx function covers the areas of Eaton Lean Six Sigma, Facility Maintenance, Process /Manufacturing engineering and Eaton Business Excellence. Responsibilities include working in collaboration with all departments to support the business to improve and simplify existing processes. This role delivers sustainable operational improvements in safety, quality, efficiency, and productivity by participating in or leading projects, and additionally ensures that new processes contain and use continuous improvement methodologies. Leading and facilitating the plants Continuous Improvement efforts and applying the appropriate Continuous Improvement tools to drive improvements in Operations and Manufacturing.
The SCM function will 1) optimize current supply base by developing new sources on key critical components, 2) lead and execute Cost Management and Cost Out Initiatives while maintaining high quality standards, 3) supports the Global SIOP program along with inventory accuracy and planning and 4) manages the material requirements planning of direct materials and the purchase/ replenishment of indirect materials.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business.
- 8 years minimum of combined experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality, lean manufacturing, SCM overseeing the areas of safety, quality, delivery, inventory, productivity, continuous improvement, etc.
- 5 years’ experience managing people
- CPM and Six Sigma Greenbelt would be an plus advantage
- A Master’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Materials or SCM )
- 10 years minimum of combined experience in manufacturing, manufacturing engineering, quality, lean manufacturing, SCM , EHS overseeing the areas of safety, quality, delivery, inventory, productivity, continuous improvement, etc.
- 2 years of experience in a role with multiple site responsibilities is preferred.
- 2 year work experience in Automation Production field is a plus.
- CPM and Six Sigma Greenbelt is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with the deployment of Eaton’s EBS tools and processes (EQS, ELSS, MESH, EBWE) is preferred.
- Excellent English & Local Language communication skills Good command of English in both Verbal & Written plus possess strong negotiation skills to be successful in this position.
- People manager with strong team leadership skills, good interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Good knowledge for MRP/ERP system.
- Possess good business acumen and effective negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Ability to manage by facts and data combined with solid analytical skills and creative problem solving skills & problem solving experience.
Eaton is a global technology leader in power management solutions that provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has more than 100,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.