Golf Pride – Buyer
Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
Eaton’s Golf Pride Division is currently seeking a Buyer – Golf Pride. This role will be based in Golf Pride’s Pinehurst, NC Global Innovation Center. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The expected annual salary range for this role is $62250.03 – $91300.04 a year. This position is also eligible for a variable incentive program.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
The Buyer will be responsible for releasing purchase orders for direct and indirect categories for Golf Pride Headquarters. This role will resolve procurement and invoice-related issues, including appropriate SAP/Ariba transactions. Additionally, this role is responsible for supporting/driving process improvement strategies, data analytics, cost-optimization opportunities, supplier negotiations/compliance, and operational performance.
Golf Pride Background:
For 70 years Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only connection a golfer has to a golf club, the world’s best golfers rely on our grips to perform at their best. This inspires each and every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work. Relocation assistance will be provided.
What you’ll do:
- Review and issue purchase orders and make necessary changes, including obtaining quotes and negotiating costs, payment terms, and related issues
- Expedite and track purchases to support efficient and effective operations.
- Generate weekly, monthly, or annual reports related to the activities as per required KPIs
- Define and apply complex data analysis to meet business needs.
- Involved with strategic sourcing to align negotiations, new supplier selection, and Supply Chain strategy.
- Supports the department in negotiating contractual terms regarding quantity, price, delivery, quality, freight routings, and other standard terms.
- Prepares and sends RFQ/RFI/RFP documentation in line with the Supplier Use Authorization and evaluates supplier quotations.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Perform all other duties as assigned Buyer Development Plan: Negotiating/redlining contractual terms, sub-category ownership, and Supply Chain strategies.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supply chain experience or supply chain internship experience.
- Basic Excel skills including manipulating data using functions, e.g., SUM, AVERAGE, MIN, MAX.
- Willing to learn new skills and apply them in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience performing purchasing functions in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient experience with purchasing and planning using SAP, Ariba, MFGPRO or Oracle
- Proven knowledge and applications skills with process improvements.
- Strong skills manipulating data using mid-level excel functions, including VLOOKUP and Pivot tables.ds Board, SEC, IRS, IASB, etc.
- Executive level leadership skills
- Org savvy skills with the ability to operate and influence across a matrixed global team
- Strong analytical capability with the ability to coach and develop others in this area
- A balanced mix of front-end commercial exposure (ideally in a branded consumer product environment) and back end operational experience.
- Acts as a trusted business partner – sees the big picture – provides broad thought leadership.
- Creates, promotes, and sustains a performance culture. Continuously raises the performance bar for the finance organization.
- Must be capable of evaluating talent and building organizational capability. Requires good mentoring and coaching skills.
- Effectively drives and manages change, challenges the status quo and champions new and innovative ideas.
- Exhibits managerial courage and willing to support and make tough decisions that help Golf Ride grow and develop
- Effectively leverage functional and cross-functional resources to solve problems, improve processes and meet objectives.
- General knowledge of all functional areas of the Group, Sector and Corporate organizations.