Product Manager – Putter Grips
Primary Location: Pinehurst, North Carolina
For five generations, Golf Pride® has been the global leader in golf grips. Throughout our history, Golf Pride® has believed in the importance of developing the best performing, most innovative grips for the world’s best golfers and amateurs alike. As the only brand that touches every golfer, we are obsessed with the connectedness of the hands to the club and this inspires every Golf Pride employee in everything we do. Combine that passion with the resources of Eaton, a $20B global leader that powers businesses worldwide, and it makes for an exciting place to work.
Golf Pride® Grips, #1 golf grip brand worldwide, aims to further strengthen our product innovation team, and the global brand, with the assistance of an experienced and passionate Product Manager for Putter Grips.
This individual will be responsible for managing the P&L for our putter grip business. Position reports directly to the Director of Innovation and will have the freedom to build and execute our putter grip strategy. You will be given the opportunity to assemble a team and network of partners to win in putter grips around the world. The ideal candidate is passionate about the game of golf, the putter category and has a proven track-record of building and managing a product line and/or business.
You will be responsible for all activities in support of growing our putter grip business to include player research and testing, consumer research and market analysis. We will all look to this role to paint the picture of what things look like today and what it could look like in 10 years.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Lead all activities within the Putter Grip category for Golf Pride
- Set the vision and manage the roadmap for all offerings related to putter grips
- Manage creation of product line strategically aligned with the needs of the global golfer, now, and in the future
- Work closely with existing sales and marketing teams to launch new putter grip products with excellence
- Achieve sales revenue, margin, and brand share objectives for the category
- Establish go-to-market strategies in collaboration with the sales and marketing teams
- Identify and track key market information to gain any competitive advantage
- Build partnerships that support growing the business
- Act as a category spokesperson with internal and external audiences to maximize the successful execution of product initiatives in the marketplace
You are a good fit for this role if you are:
- A collaborator – you love working through problems as a team and are comfortable getting things done without direct authority.
- A strategist – you enjoy strategy development and deployment.
- A networker – you like building internal and external relationships.
- A fighter – you enjoy being in a position where you are the challenger in a category.
- A communicator – when you speak people are interested in what you have to say.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
Five (5) plus years of product management experience
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship both now and in the future
- 5+ years in Product Innovation or Product Management
- Experience applying design thinking tools and methodologies
- Work experience in Consumer Products
- Authentic connection to the game of golf
- Desire to travel up to 25% domestic and internationally.
- Build strong relationships and operating rhythms with leaders inside and outside the core team.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)