Taiwan Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Primary Location: Tainan Shien, Taiwan
Golf Pride is a world leader in golf grip manufacturing. Golf Pride develops and manufactures golf grips for Retail and OEM customers in its two owned and operated factories. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible to lead an engineering team including materials, process, and tooling. Collaborates with R&D, Quality, and Manufacturing to support and execute PPAP qualification, Start of Production (SOP), sustaining production, processes development, troubleshooting, solving technical challenges, tooling/machine development, and cost reduction. Supports One Golf Pride manufacturing standards globally.
- Manage the Manufacturing Engineering group to provide engineering solutions to manufacture Golf Pride products. Lead the ME team to efficient transition from pilot run qualification to PPAP to SOP within specified time frame and target cost through Pro Launch.
- Establish acceptance criteria at various stages of development and Pilot Run qualification in order to approve acceptance to the PPAP stage. Establish awareness and collaboration with R&D product development, being active in product development reviews, and establish complete readiness to support manufacturing at the PPAP stage.
- Document materials, processes, and tooling required to produce products. Update documentation as required and establish consistent reliable change management procedures to ensure documentation is updated at all times. Ensure engineering processes are highly effective, followed and maintained at the shop floor.
- Establish database history files of every PPAP qualification including material mixing, rheology, compound properties, grip properties, and manufacturing data. Ensure PPAP qualification is a complete history file for future reference.
- Structure and lead the manufacturing engineering function day-to-day management of simultaneous projects, delivering engineering solutions to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints, and creating innovative solutions to meet customer needs.
- Conduct product cost reviews, schedule and technical performance on selected engineering development projects. Identifies needs for corrective action plans for under-performing projects and provides oversight of corrective action plans.
- Lead corrective action activities to retain/ restore customer confidence when development projects have encountered significant problems.
- Lead continuous improvement of manufacturing efficiency of new and current product lines. Perform major equipment evaluation and selection.
- Assume a leadership role as needed to guide problem-solving to overcome technical challenges as needed.
- Conducts engineering cost, feasibility and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including research, investigation and coordination of other engineers, and providing recommendations.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
7 years related experience providing engineering support manufacturing polymeric products.
3 years management experience.
Demonstrated English language capability and fluency is required (written and verbal).
2 year’s Rubber chemistry and processing knowledge and/or experience.
2 years’ experience working for a multi-national corporation.
2 years’ experience in a high volume / high sku production environment.
International experience in a multi-cultural environment.
- Strong technical skills on rubber process development, new product development, materials, process engineering, mass production.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify the root cause and cure.
- A strong leader of people. One who can persuade and create alignment using logic and a friendly demeanor.
- Availability to attend nightly phone calls and travel to Thailand and other international locations.
- Working knowledge in rubber materials and processes, tooling design, material testing, product testing, and product packaging.
- Attention to detail and the persistence to drive projects to completion is required.
- Good problem-solving skills and a logical and methodical problem-solving technique is required.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- The ability to communicate and coordinate with sales and outside customers is required.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD GOLF Golf Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time